Partnership. Value. Strategy.
That's what governs us.
Western Union's Payment Solutions for Corrections Agencies
Your corrections agency wants a partner that can help you to manage inmate trust account deposits, cost of supervision payments for parole and probations, and any other remittances that your department may handle. You also need to provide payees a wide array of choices that make payments fast, easy and seamless. And you need to find solutions that will both minimize impact on your internal resources and will help save you money.
That’s why we’ve invested in building solutions specific to DOC requirements, like our electronic Western Union® Speedpay® service and our walk-in Western Union Payments, with a network of more than 46,000 Agent locations. Our combined cash and electronic offering fits seamlessly into your unique environment, will significantly help reduce costs and optimize staff time, and will allow commissary account and parolee payments to be made through a variety of convenient and reliable channels. From expert knowledge and support, to customizable management tools and complete array of real-time reports, Western Union offers a complete, solution to improve the performance of your payment strategy.
Western Union: A Complete Solution for Corrections
- A partner to the correctional industry since 1995, servicing hundreds of government agencies
- An unmatched Agent locations footprint for walk-in payments and deposits
46,000+ US locations
424,000 worldwide locations
- Phone and Internet options also available
- A customizable solution suitable for deposits to inmate trust accounts, as well as cost of supervision and restitution payments for parolees and probationers
Benefits to Departments of Correction
- Minimizes DOC resources associated with the manual process of opening mail, cashiering, and keying transactions
- Decreases or eliminates the volume of incoming cash and money orders by mail
- Improves accessibility – our extensive Agent location coverage combined with phone and Internet options provide a convenient solution for loved ones to send money when, where and how they want through a brand that millions of customers know and trust
- A brand that millions of customers know and trust
- Helps to reduce the risk and liability of lost funds to inmate commissary accounts
- Enhances system transparency - automated processes, integration and reporting tools automate reconciliation requirements for all payment and deposit types
- Enables an ongoing, consultative relationship focused on your needs.
- Western Union is an industry expert with the stability, reliability and expertise to partner with you for the long term